Nearly every profession or sector has a professional membership association [or body] you can join. The benefits of belonging to a membership association vary depending on the sector although in general terms they tend to offer the following benefits:
- Network opportunities to create professional relationships to support and help one another, brainstorm with others enabling you to share ideas, ask for advice, and volunteer to be a speaker or attend network meetings. Participate in national or local conferences; enter awards to showcase yourself, your colleagues or organisation. Be part of a collective voice to influence your sector.
- Sector Resources with access to industry specific information such as: case studies, articles, white papers, best practices, toolkits, compliance/standards, newsletters, policy briefings, new ideas and books written by experts or key achievers in your field. panels of experts or members that you can contact with specific questions
- Professional development opportunities to give you access to ‘member-only’ career resources, job vacancy listings, personal career advice and mentoring. Examples of career resources are tips on writing an effective CV, covering letter and job search strategies. Other benefits may include seminars, training or certification courses. Listing professional membership on your CV shows that you are committed to staying connected within your profession.
Whether you are interested in wanting to build your network, having access to resources or personal development opportunities, joining a professional membership association is a step in the right direction.
So how does erosh membership fit into this?
Erosh is an essential membership organisation for professionals providing housing related support to older people. Erosh provides practical expert advice and guidance, news and commentary for front line staff and service managers to help them respond to the many challenges and opportunities currently facing the sector.
- Network opportunities – members in different regions and countries meet regularly to share good practice, work together to resolve issues and to hear from expert speakers. Members can also enter the annual erosh awards, show case their own good practice and be part of a collective voice lobbying for good quality housing and support for older people.
- Sector Resources – erosh members have access to a variety of sector specific information such as good practice guides and case studies, policy briefings, articles, the erosh e-newsletter, the erosh Service Impact Tool (SiT), information about standards, and new ideas and approaches. All of these are developed by experts members can also contact with specific questions or requests for advice.
- Professional development opportunities – erosh member only resources include job vacancy listings, discounted training and conferences, learning opportunities at network events. Members also have exclusive individual access to expert advice.
The majority of erosh members are organisations. For these erosh membership is a cost effective way of not only providing access for staff to the range of resources erosh offers but it also demonstrates commitment to learning and personal development and helping staff stay connected, improve performance and ultimately to maintain or improve service quality to customers.
If you are would like to become an erosh member and give all your staff access to a variety of learning and development opportunities, please complete our membership form or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.