Who we are
As the national consortium for older people’s housing and support services, erosh is a membership organisation for professionals in the sector. We provide news, commentary and guidance for front line staff and their managers delivering services to 150,000+ older people:
- To help them respond to current and future challenges and opportunities
- To enhance individual and organisational performance
- To help them comply with national standards; and ultimately
- To improve the quality of housing and support services for thousands of older people.
The current economic climate and increasingly disparate nature of the sector as well as a reduction in regulation have resulted in an even greater need for organisations to demonstrate the value and quality of their housing and services for older people and their contribution to public health, health and social care agendas. In spite of these challenges, Erosh has retained its presence in the sector and continues to grow its membership.
Our USP is a focus on cost effective resources for frontline staff – policy briefings, good practice advice/case studies as well as opportunities for members to network, learn from each other and share good practice.
What we do
- We provide a central point of information, advice and support to 5000+ housing and support workers in over 200 organisations.
- We ensure housing and support services continue to meet nationally recognised good practice and are of excellent quality despite the challenges facing our sector.
- We influence government policies and practice.
- We demonstrate health/social care/public health benefits of housing & support for older people.
- We promote the essential role of sheltered schemes as hubs for all older people in communities.
- We help members understand changes in policy and legislation and the impact on their organisation and on older people.
- We hold network events where members meet to share good practice, work together to resolve issues and to hear guest speakers from the sector.
Why our customers value us
No other organisation currently offers this kind of on-line support to help frontline staff maintain quality services to older people; we want to continue to meet this need. Our resources offer excellent value for money compared with other types of training and consultancy particularly as membership entitles all staff to access our services.
We work in partnership with a wide range of people and organisations including scheme managers and other housing/support staff; older people themselves and their relatives and carers; housing providers including local authorities, housing organisations, charitable trusts etc; as well as the Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) and CIH Cymru, National Housing Federation (NHF), Housing LIN, and the Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC).
Why we need your support
Due mainly to reductions in funding of housing/support services, although our membership is growing, our income is not increasing as much as we need it to, in order to provide the resources and services our members want. There are increasing numbers of small providers entering the market place who pay a lower membership fee to reflect their size and ability to pay. The balance is therefore changing from larger providers paying higher fees to smaller organisations paying lower fees so we need to work harder to attract more organisations.
What we can offer you
- Opportunities to connect with influential organisations and decision makers in the older people’s housing and support sector.
- Help to develop your understanding of the opportunities and challenges of an ageing population.
- A place at the heart of the sector with networking, positioning and profiling opportunities.
- Connection with 700+ individuals through our e-newsletter and our local networking events.
- Opportunities to improve your profile and demonstrate to potential customers your commitment to raising standards of housing and support for older people.
- Opportunities to take part in national campaigns and connect with leading decision makers.
- Up to date information about policy changes and what these mean for your customers as well as unlimited access to our online good practice resources.
- Opportunities for you to champion best practice in the older people’s housing and support sector which will help you position your business as a preferred provider.
We offer a wide range of opportunities to suit your budget. Click here for our suggestions but we are of course always delighted to talk discuss alternatives. Each package includes one year’s corporate membership of erosh (worth £1,000) and inclusion on our dedicated partners’ page on our website.
Our current sponsors
We have kindly been supported by a number of organisations who have enabled us to provide resources to our members which ultimately ensures we achieve our objectives.
Click here for a list of our current sponsors.