By 2025, analogue telephone services will be switched off as the UK’s telecoms infrastructure is upgraded to digital connectivity. This shift has major implications for the 1.7 million people who rely on telecare in the UK, and on the organisations that manage health, housing and home care.
This guide focuses on practical considerations for sheltered and retirement housing providers including:
- Where are we now and where we are heading
- Benefits of changing from analogue to digital
- Key definitions and policy context
- Implications, risk, and key considerations for housing related support providers
- Assessment of current and new considerations and costs
- Leadership, responsibilities, planning, consultation and communication
- Where to find further information
Available for erosh members only – read the briefing in the Policy & Practice Portal
If you are not an erosh member, join to benefit from access to all our good policy and practice resources.