Erosh is the national consortium for older people’s housing and support. We champion locally and nationally good quality older people’s housing and support and, through our policy work, we feedback from the sector to government which helps to:
- demonstrate the health and social care benefits and cost savings of housing and support for older people
- make sure older people’s housing and support promote empowerment, independence and choice and involve older people in the design, delivery and development of services
- ensure older people’s housing and support services are affordable, accessible and inclusive, and meet both current and future needs
- make sure staff are appropriately and regularly trained, and comply with professional standards and good practice
- promote sheltered schemes as hubs for all older people in communities to combat social isolation and loneliness
Read about our key messages here.
Join erosh today to benefit from the collective voice we have as an organisation.
Who we are
Erosh is a registered charity run by a part-time team and a board of voluntary trustees. We are a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) and therefore have a formal constitution and overarching ‘objects’ i.e.
- Promoting the education of the public in the provision of older persons housing and services in order to relieve the needs of older people
- To relieve the needs of older people by promoting the effective use of resources by charities and non-charitable organisations within the older persons housing and support sector
TV presenter and campaigner Dame Esther Rantzen became our Patron in 2013.
“I am delighted to pledge my support to erosh by becoming its patron. The work that the organisation carries out with the support of its members is incredibly vital to ensure that the housing and support needs of older people are met.”
Read more about Esther here…
We are supported by a dedicated team of part-time staff who are committed to providing a great service to existing and potential members. Find out more…
Our dedicated volunteer trustees bring with them huge amounts of experience and knowledge of the older people’s housing and support sector to feed into our activities. Find out more…
Our Member Networks
Our regional networks give members the opportunity to be more actively involved at a local level. Find your local network here…
What we do
We work with and on behalf of the older people’s housing sector in the UK to:
- Raise awareness of the value and benefits of older people’s housing
- Celebrate housing with care and support for older people
- Promote sheltered and retirement housing schemes as community hubs
- Influence joint working at all levels
- Disseminate good practice
For more about what we do click here
We don’t believe in reinventing the wheel or duplicating others’ activities so we work in partnership with a wide range of people and organisations including:
- Scheme managers and other housing/support staff
- Older people themselves and their relatives and carers
- Housing providers including local authorities, housing organisations, charitable trusts etc.
- Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) and CIH Cymru
- National Housing Federation (NHF)
- Housing Lin
- Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC)
We are also kindly supported by a number of organisations who enable us to deliver the valuable resources and practical advice to our members, which ultimately ensures we achieve our objectives. Read about our supporters here …